History of “Concord Shipbuilding”
Concord Shipbuilding is the leading shipbuilding and operating organization in the Black Sea region. Established in 2000, the company has been successfully operating in the field of ship repair, shipbuilding and operation for 20 years.
- 12 sea-river “Chelsea“ type vessels of 6200 DWT.
- Chemical tanker of 4500 DWT.
- More then 1000 repaired and modernized vessels.
- Product sales for the last 3 years: building of new vessels – 45 USD millions, repair and modernization of vessels – 37 USD millions.
- Long term successful experience in building ships for internal water ways-lakes and rivers.
International clients – Ukrainian, Turkish and European private and state owned companies.
Concord Shipbuilding has diversified shipyard base in the Black sea in Ukraine – Kherson Shipyard, three shipyards in Nikolaev (Chernomorskiy, Ocean and Nikolaev shipyard), and others. Moreover, the company carries out shipbuilding and repair contracts with use of Bulgaria, Turkey shipyards.
Design of vessels is carried out in the framework of a long-term close cooperation with our partners – “Marine Engineering Bureau” (Odessa, Ukraine), Engineering Bureau “CORVETTE” and others.
The Kherson Shipyard is the main shipbuilding and reparing facility.
Allows to implement unique technology of remanufacturing and modernization (upgrade) of river and sea vessels (raising the coamings of holds, refurbishment of hatch-covers, elongation of hulls) which provides for Customers to increase deadweight and scope of transported goods.
Features of the organization of company work which has proven its effectiveness, including in the period of the global shipbuilding crisis, are:
- High level of technical management, flexibility in the organization of production to the requirements of countries law on the territory of which shipbuilding and shiprepair contracts are carried out.
- Organized system to ensure supply of materials, components, assemblies, etc. from leading manufacturers to the place of installation on the vessels.
- Lack of attachment to a particular means of production (shipyards), the ability to produce rapid deployment to places of execution of orders involving local professionals and business entities.
Chief Designer of «Concord Shipbuilding». In 1986, he graduated from Nikolaev Shipbuilding Institute (since 2004, National University of Shipbuilding) in the specialty shipbuilding and ship repair. He began his working career in the Central Design Bureau “Izumrud” where to the beginning of the 90s led the sector of theory of the ship and shipbuilding technology. In the period 2000-2005, at the request of the Russian side, he worked (on a contract) as a leading specialist of the Ukrainian branch of the Russian Maritime Register of Shipping. Since 2005 to the present day, Alexey heads the design team of «Concord Shipbuilding». Due to his knowledge and skills it has become possible to implement «Chelsea», «Imperia», “Kaya Pioneer” projects. Currently the team of designers works to create new and unique projects of passenger and cargo ships for Europe and Africa.
Chief Engineer of ship’s electrical systems and navigation systems. In 1989, he graduated from the Vinnitsa Polytechnic Institute, majoring in design and operation of automatic control systems and computer facilities. He began his working career as an engineer-constructor of the Scientific and Production Association “Spektr”. Since 1995 to 2000 he worked as electrical officer on commercial vessels in Europe and Africa. He is in «Concord shipbuilding» from the first days of its creation. During the period of work Victor designed, upgraded and installed electrical and navigation systems for more than 300 ships!
Technical Director of «Concord shipbuilding». In 2000, he graduated from Nikolaev Shipbuilding Institute (since 2004, the National University of Shipbuilding), on specialty of design and installation of marine power plants with internal combustion engines. He began his working career at the Kherson shipyard, where has gone from the ship fitter of metal hulls of ships to job foreman of outfitting dockside.
General builder of passenger vessel “Imperia” and cargo vessel “Alena”, the head of repairs of more than 300 vessels of different types and classes.
“Concord Shipbuilding” marketing director.